Hi Derek,

Sorry for the late reply, this post got buried under a lot of email.

Thanks for the explanation, it makes everything a lot clearer. I've read the
article about FSCommand. My approach to this bug would be to build a class
that stores methods and calls them in an interval (20ms ?).

Anyway, it's clear now that I can't make use of SetVariable for the massive
amount of data that our driving simulator is sending to the Flash interface
I built (with a lot of shiny dials and buttons that resemble the dashboard
of the car, and reflect the current state that the car is in: speed, revs,
steering wheel position, gear etc.). I guess I'll have to talk with the
programmer responsible for the sending side of the data to chop up the data
in chunks and make him send it in an interval via EI. Perhaps I could even
program an extrapolating algorithm that positions the dial of the
speedometer fluently.

If you have any other ideas, please let me know.

With regards,
Bart