Say I have a repeater that essentially scatters instances of a custom
component all over the screen.  When a user clicks one of the
instances, I don't really care what data is displayed in the
component.  What I need to know is what was the index of the one that
was clicked within the component.  I have found lots of examples that
refer to event.target.getRepeaterItem(), but none that allow me to find
out where in the repeater collection that item was found.

I'm sure this is fairly simple, but I haven't been able to tease the
answer out of the docks.

Thanks.