This is very strange.. I think I may be running into some sort of
security issue.

I have a function called doRequests, where it takes the urlRequests
and does whatever corresponding to the variable entered.. it works,
but..

It only works when I map it to a button or something I have to click.
If I want it done automatically(creationComplete).. it doesnt work. I
thought maybe it was a timing issue.. made a timer and had it wait 5
secs.. no go.

I'm not really sure what to do here..

anyone have some insight?

Thanks...

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Jayson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Got it...
>
> this is needed..
>
> private function initVars():void{
> req1 = Application.application.parameters.req1;
> req2 = Application.application.parameters.req2;
> }
>
> and initVars() is called on the application creationComplete.
> works like a charm...
>
> here is the link in liveDocs

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/2/docs/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhel
p.