Hey all,

I'm attempting to get a discussion going here on this topic since Paul disabled comments on his blog.

Is anyone else here reading this series?

In particular his last post.
Supervising Presenter
http://weblogs.macromedia.com/paulw/archives/2007/10/ presentation_pa_2.cfm

One of the benefits he speaks about with using this pattern is,
Improved separation of concerns
Following the Supervising Presenter pattern should yield an application-specific class hierarchy that is separated from the view classes, but coupled to them. Common presentation concerns can be refactored into Presenter base classes, and this should help to reduce code-duplication and improve consistency across an application.

This concern is of huge importance to me as a flex dev.

During dev one of the main issues i run into is what will be an 'application-specific view' as opposed to a 'reusable-component' as abstraction can be a time-consuming exercise. I've never been a fan of code behind but i think the 'Presenter' does bring in a useful and easy to implement application level of abstraction that can ease development.

btw I also like his use of Binding.

regards,

Bjorn