I'm having trouble working with custom components that are nested more
than two deep.

mx:App
  mx:states
    mx:State name = "editState"
      mx:AddChild
        custom:Component1
          custom:Component2

When I set the App.currentState to 'editState' Component2 is made
visible as a child of Component1. The first time this happens I can
get Component2 to fire off any number of events (show, add,
addedToStage, etc.) but if the state changes and then changes back
again to 'editState' the only events I can get Component2 to fire are
redraw events like updateComplete which can fire multiple times (like
when the browser resizes, or scroll bars are used) and I just want a
creationComplete type event to fire just once whenever time Component2
shows up on the scene.

The other problem I'm having, which could be related to the first, is
that Component2 is a mx:Form and I'm getting 'anonymous' debug errors
when trying to bind a singleton model class to the form elements
(either by passing it from Component1 or importing it directly).

Right now my solution is to have Component1 call a method in
Component2 when the state changes as it events fire as expected,
however this feels like a hacky solution.