You're right, this simple example does work. I still don't know why my
original code didn't work... But I built up this example until I
reached the same functionality as the old code. Unfortunately, I'm
unable to identify the part that made the difference!

Thanks for your help,

Chris.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Harui" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If horizontalScrollPolicy="off" (default), width is not ignored, but
> attempts are made to proportionally size all columns within the DG.  At
> some point, things degenerate and the proportions are hosed.
>

> If horizontalScrollPolicy="on", width should be honored.  Width seems to
> work in this test, so maybe I don't understand what problem you're
> running into.
zable="false" />