Hi,

I have been having massive problems understanding the best practice for
receiving an XML-File that contains many nested elements and how to deal
with them on the client side (Flex). I don't want to define the
dataProvider of a control to read directly from my xml, because I need
to calculate some values first (like average values)

This is what I understand sofar:
- I use HTTPService to receive the data
- resultFormat="e4x"

How do I store the data?
- in XML data structure?
- in many XMLLists?
- in many XMLListCollections?
- in self written classes that are equivalent to my XML elements?

How do I parse through the data?
can anyone give a small example?

this is sooo confusing and all the examples I can find only use simple
XML files, with not even two child nodes...those are useless examples.

thanks
harry