If you set  scaleContent=true, the SWFLoader will try to resize the
underlying SWF.

>From the loaded SWF, if it is a Flex app, the systemManager.parent or
grandparent is the SWFLoader, I don't remember which off-hand.

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Austin Kottke
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2007 1:29 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Sending an SWF loader the current percentage of
screen width the flex component uses

Hi,

I have an SWFloader object that loads an SWF. I want to tell the SWF
the percentage of screen realestate the parent container widget from
flex is using. That way I can make the SWF scale itself.

Currently the "Stage.width" from the loaded SWF represents the
entire stage as opposed to getting the current percentage of its parent
container.

Anyone have ideas on this?

Best, Austin