I wasn't at Max, but have you seen this, http://labs.zeh.com.br/blog/? p=95 ?

Bjorn

On 29/10/2007, at 1:34 AM, snowjunkie73 wrote:

At Adobe Max 2007 I went to a session on creating custom components in
Flex. The example component used in the session was a custom carousel
component where objects would tween along a circular path. The source
for this example class was never released, but I am fairly certain
that the math for the path was done entirely in Flex, and it was not
using a Flash CS3 generated path. The movement was nice and smooth.

I'm trying to do my own tweening along a circular path but in a flat
2d manner. I've done all the math in action script 3 to find the
circular path but I am having trouble getting objects to move smoothly
along the path. Basically I pick a number of points along the path
and use Move effects from point to point. The more points I pick the
closer it appears to be on a true circle. I've tried both manually
kicking off each individual move effect from the effect end event and
also putting the move effects in a sequence effect. Both methods
cause the motion to be either extremely slow (if I set each move
duration to be large) or pretty jerky (if I set the move duration to
be very small like 0-2). It appears that there is a pause between the
end of each move effect before the next move effect starts.

The reason I want to do it all in code is that I want to be able to
vary the radius of my circular path dynamically. Anyone have ideas on
how I can get smoother motion along my path? Thanks in advance.