OK, I am not using FDS or CFMX8 so I guess the config is all done in
the services-config.xml file.  The problem I have with that is the
fact that we are talking about a client side compiler file which is
supposed to control server side security... seems like an extremely
flawed model!

Anyone who is compiling Flex applications with a local services-
config.xml can control whether THEY want to access MY remote or
public methods... that can't be right.  The crossdomain.xml is
certainly not a solution because of the ability to spoof DNS...

So basically what this comes down to is that if I want to run my
Flex2Gateway, every public method on my system is exposed to the
world.  Or am I missing something much larger...

Thanks,
Geoff

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Derrick Anderson"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> services-config.xml is the right file, i think remoting-config is
for when
> using LCDS but i'm not really sure on that,  look for
>
> <method-access-level>remote</method-access-level>
>
> in your destination definition.
>
> On 10/26/07, geoffreymina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >   Thanks for the answer. I only have the services-config.xml
where is
> > the remoting-config.xml file? Is this server side, or client side?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Geoff
> >
> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>,
João