----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <flexcoders@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2007 7:22 AM
Subject: [flexcoders] How do I pause

> My movie changes states when the user hits a button, but I want it to
> pause for 5 seconds. How do I do that ? I see something about pausing a
> sequence in the documentation. do I have to create a sequence first ?

Can you explain why you need a five second pause after hitting the button?
In normal circumstances this is a very bad idea because then the user might
think that nothing is going to happen - is this the intended effect?

You can get the intended effect by getting the button to set up a timed
event in five seconds time - check out 'Controlling time intervals' in the
Flex help.

Paul