Only if the animation is causing other code in Flex to run.

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Stephen Roy J. Tang
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2007 7:57 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Flash Component runs slower?

Hi,

Another thing I found while using the component exported from flash
cs3 using the component kit - the animation seems to run a bit slower
compared to if I generate an SWF directly from the FLA.

I exported my component at 20fps, then tested in an mx:Application
with frameRate=20, and it's slightly slower. Measuring the time by
using the nextFrame event, it comes out to be around 17-18 fps.
Increasing the frameRate value of the Application doesn't seem to have
any effect.

Is it a valid expectation that the component would animate a bit
slower with an SWF built using Flex compared to built using Flash?

Thanks,

Roy