I am embedding TTF fonts into my application.  We have included most
of the European character sets in these fonts.

Now the problem.  The fonts show up correctly in MS Office and other
windows applications.  But when some of the European characters are
typed into my Flex application, the "top" portion of some of the
European characters is shifted to the right.  I wish I could show a
picture of this.  This includes things like Diaeresis, Acute,
Circumflex, etc.

An example word is: Éloïse
In this word, the marks above the "É" and the "ï" are shifted to the
right so that the markings end up almost above the "l" and the "s"
characters.

This only seems to be a problem with the Flex app.  The problem is not
seen with the same TTF files in all other apps.

Does anybody know what might be happening here?  Am I missing some
simple option when embedding the fonts into my app?  My embed
statements look like this:
[Embed(source="assets/Opus-BoldItalic.ttf", fontName="Opus",
fontWeight="bold", fontStyle="italic")]

Could there be a problem with the TTF files themselves?  Is there a
setting that might be causing this?

Thanks for your help!