From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of reflexactions
Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2007 8:11 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Loading a legacy swf - SecurityDomain issue

I have a legacy AS2 swf, it usually runs in a web page and it is
passed a couple of params via flashvars and then loads a few things
like jpg/swf as children of _root etc.

I am trying to see if its possible to have it loaded into a flex/air
app.

In this "root" would mean root of the loading swf not root of my flex
app.

I am using a loader component and it is clearly loading the swf but
it dies when the legacy swf tries to load anything else.

SecurityDomain 'file:///C:\AS2\v8.swf' tried to access incompatible
context 'app-resource:/test.swf'
file:///splash.jpg <file:///\\splash.jpg>

All the legacy app was doing was:
splash=_root.createEmptyMovieClip("splash",1);
splash.createEmptyMovieClip("logo",1)
splash.logo.loadMovie("splash.jpg");

This was specifically from an AIR application I was testing but the
problem and solution are really flex related I think so I guess it is
relevant to ask here

If I can get passed this issue I still have the problem of how to
pass in the flashvars in a way that works for both a web run swf and
one loaded into flex/air, my thoughts were to switch to passing them
on the url but not sure if there is a better way.

Any solutions?
tks