You should check out the Flex Reference for HTTPService - one
parameter you can change is contentType (or something similar - check
for yourself because I have no idea what it actually is) - but you
need to change your content type to XML (the docs tell you how).  I
was having issues with sending data via HTTPService when my system
was able to read straight XML, I was having to hack my way around
until I figured that one out.  It's one simple parameter, then in the
send() function, you can send XML rather than an Object (array) of
parameters! :D  Hope this helps!
-Nathan

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "fourctv" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am sending an XML object as a parameter on a .send() to a web
service.

> From my observation Flex sends the xml data encoded with
a "macintosh" encoding (mac-