From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of toofah_gm
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2007 2:05 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] AFEFontManager

I logged the following bug about fonts rendering incorrectly:
http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/SDK-13352

I got this response:
"This problem only happens with BatikFontManager. The fonts show up
correctly for both JREFontManager and AFEFontManager."

I have tried Googling "AFEFontManager" as well as just trying to use
it on my commandline, but have not had success. I have successfully
used JREFontManager and it seems to fix the problem, but at what
expense?

Can anyone tell me more about this AFEFontManager and about
FontManagers in general?

I have a book building and rendering application and am very nervous
about switching the FontManager that is being used. We need 100%
consistency between what the customer sees when they click to order
the book and what they see in the finished product.

If I switch FontManagers to fix the problems seen in European
characters with BatikFontManager will I find other problems that I
can't live with in the JREFontManager? And what is this
AFEFontManager and how does it compare.

Thanks for listening.

Gary