Double check the UIDs.  Try using the default renderer and see if you
still have the problem.

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of icepaco33
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2007 5:52 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Can't select an item renderer in a list

Greetings everybody,
I have a peculiar problem. I have a list that is rendered by a custom
item renderer. The list allows multiple selection and also drag and
drop operation (in order to shuffle the item around)

However when I move an item further down the list (drag & drop) then I
can't select the items that are below the item immediately following
the item I moved.

Also if I change the content of my data provider, I will experience
the same thing (can't select the items except the first one)

I found out something very interesting :
It seems that my list doesn't allow me to select items which the
renderer is older (has been instanciated before) the previous renderer.

Allow me to demonstrate :
If I have the following renderers :

Renderer1
Renderer2
Renderer5
Renderer3
Renderer4

And assuming the number after 'renderer' indicates the order into
which the renderer have been instanciated in my list then in the above
situation I will not be able to select or rollover Renderer3 and
Renderer4...

This I believe is the problem that happens when I do a drag & drop
operation and or when I reload my list by changing the DataProvider...

N.B. : I use only 1 class for my renderer so all renderers are of the
same type. I have also checked their UID and they seem to be distinct
as far as I can tell...

Hope you guys can help cuz this is really bothering me...

Thanx for your attention !

paco