I would use selectedItem.id

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of gdruiven
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2007 1:41 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] mx:List name/value pair

Hi , i'm new with flex an dthis list, not with actionscript and flash.

my problem is, i have a mx:List and it's data comes out of a xml which
i get from the server.

it's a list of provinces, and they have a name and an id.

I want to send the id back to the server when someone selects a
province.

i fill the list with dataProvider. But when i show the name of
province, the listId.value is also the name of the province, but i
want the value to be the id.

Is there a way to show Province name in the list, and let the province
id be the value?
that is without writing to much as3.
without using <mx:dataProvider><mx:Object label="" data="
/></mx:dataProvider> (also because i do not see how to fill this
dynamicly.

Gerard Druiven