borderSkin: null

didn't work?

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of polestar11
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 6:20 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Overriding inherited skin style

Hi there

I have a global Panel style defined, which contains a border-skin swf.
I want to be able to turn this off for specific panels. There seems to
be no explicit way to turn this off (Eg. boder-skin:none) & the only
way I have managed so far is to reference a transparent / blank swf as
the skin. The problem with this though is background colour is then
ignored & I get a transparent panel, which I cannot really style.
Another alternative is to create the global panel style as a styleName
& reference it in each component in question. But there are more
components using this style than not, so it makes more sense to switch
it off for special cases.

Here's the code:
Panel {
borderSkin: Embed(source="flex_skins.swf", symbol="Panel_borderSkin");
}
CustomPanel {
borderSkin: Embed(source="empty.swf",
symbol="Panel_titleBackgroundSkin");
/*None of the following styles are implemented*/
backgroundColor: #1b2c36;
border-alpha:0;
border-thickness:0;
border-style:none;