No it doesn't, also doesn't matter what bubbles is set to either

Duncan

----- Original Message ----
From: bithroop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, 16 November, 2007 4:27:39 PM
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Event dispatching and receiving

Are you saying it works with Application. application?

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] ups.com, duncan mcmillan <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:

> Folks
>
> Maybe I'm interpreating all the docs wrong but, I have a Custom
Class which is one of several View Classes as part of an MVC model I'm
using. I have an associated Controller class.

> I want the Custom class to dispatch custom Event to the COntroller
class, the Custom class is embedded somewhere in the Display list
under a Base View Class.

> [Event(name= "menuitemClicked ", type="flash. events.Event" )]
> Custom Class {
>
> private function onClick(event: Event) {
> var e:Event = new Event("menuitemClic ked", true, false);
> dispatchEvent( e);
> Alert.show(" Event Dispatched") ;
> }
> }
>
> In the Controller Class {
>
> public function init() {
> Application. application. addEventListener ("menuitemClicke d",
menuitemClickHandle r);
> }
>
> //This MVC EventHandler
> public function menuitemClickHandle r(event:Event) {
> Alert.show(" Event received by COntroller") ;
> }
> }
>
> I've tried not using Application. appication and still get nothing,
what am I not understanding about receiving events from another Class.

> Cheers
>
> Duncan

> Yahoo! Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer.
Try it

http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/environment.html