Thank you. I think I understand, but just in case here is a scenario of what we are doing.

We get our list of companies from a fill operation so now we have a data managed collection companies.

var departments : ArrayCollection = companies.departments;
//to add an items
departments.addItem(deptartment);  //this works fine and pushes fine

var employees : ArrayCollection = department.getItemAt (0).employees; //we usually get to this using a selectedItem from a DataGrid
employees.addItem(employee); // this add to db but doesn't push

var schedules : ArrayCollection = employees.getItemAt(0).schedules; // we usually get to this using a selectedItem from a DataGrid
schedules.addItem(schedule); // this add to db but doesn't push

I am guess that what you are saying is the above example will not "push" UNLESS we set up destinations for each of our collections and then set up associations for these collections. We are using annotations with Hibernate, but I seems to remember that we still need to do this step when using annotations. Would you say that in general if you would like to take full advantage of data pushing it is a better idea to use a "manage association" approach rather than the default "hierarchical approach"?

Is there an API for the data-management-config file? I know we have had questions about what tags go where and the dev guide didn't seem to specify everything.

Thanks for your help. We LOVE data services... when understand it and get it working!!!

- Kevin