First I was going to say you have to put that in a try..catch block, except accessing an invalid URL won't throw the exception in a way the try..catch can work with. Can you add an event listener to your FLV loader similar to this post?

http://www.kirupa.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1957547#post1957547

It's from quite a while ago so I don't know if it will be of much help...

Michael

Nadeem Manzoor wrote:

Hello Guys
I am working on a Flex Media application. I am sending Flv path through Javascript. Everythings is working fine. But, suppose, if i send a fake flv url it throgh an Exception "connectionerror" and after then it gets stuck e.g. after connectionerror if i am trying to pass a proper flv path it does not trigger "ready" event or any exception Any Ideas ?

--
Regards,

Nadeem Manzoor