I don't see much of an 'attached image', but the things you mention
can be achieved by extending/subclassing the standard datechooser.
However I don't have the impression that what you want to achieve is
something that will go easily, considering being new as a Flex-developper.

If you're into calendarstuff, I'd say, check out the component Ely
Greenfield started:
http://demo.quietlyscheming.com/calendar/app.html
and the newer version by Jove Shi:
http://www.flex-flex.net/flex/Calendar/Calendar.html

Also, the Sheduling Framework on labs has some interesting stuff,
although maybe not as much related to what you wish to achieve.

--Johan