Is there a class or object out there that I can get reference to the
mouse no matter where it is? I can't seem to find anything.

I have an AIR app with multiple native windows. I want to show things
in those windows while the mouse is over them, but not show them when
the mouse is elsewhere.

I have implemented the normal mouseOver mouseOut stuff but it's very
easy to get into a scenario where mouseOut doesn't get called (another
non-air window overlapping the air window for example). So I think I
need to implement some form of collision detection in reverse. I think
running a timer once I show things in the window (with mouseOver) to
test to make sure the mouse is still within the boundaries of said
window. But I cannot seem to get reference to the mouse without an
event. And as far I know events are not broadcast into AIR when they
occur outside of AIR (as far as I have been able to replicate at least).

Can someone steer me a bit here? I HAVE found the "deactivate" event on
a native window. At least if the user clicks somewhere else then I can
handle that...