----- Original Message -----
From: "aceoohay" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <flexcoders@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2007 5:33 AM
Subject: [flexcoders] If Flex is open source, how do we go about changing
the language?

>I just ran across what I consider a significant deficiency in Flex.
> To correct this problem would require an addition of two attributes
> to the mx:DataGridColumn class.
>
> I could make a change to my version of the language, or perhaps I
> could create an inherited class.

A much better idea. At least then you wouldn't be completely out on a limb.

>However, I feel strongly that the
> problem is so fundamental that it should be changed in the language.
> How do I go about making this happen?

Go here: http://bugs.adobe.com/flex/

(I know it's not a bug, but an enhancement request)

You are actually in need of an enhancement to the Flex classes rather than a
change in the language - your subject title is likely to confuse people.

Paul