I just had to-do this exact same thing with a map of New York State
and the Flash Component Kit work perfect for me

I used Pete Ent's posting to make it happen
http://weblogs.macromedia.com/pent/archives/2007/04/example_of_the.cfm

Once I was able to pull in my swc I could set colors of each state
sub swf, call functions and change states mapped to frame labels.

Should work for you too,

Anthony

http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Flex_Component_Kit_for_Flash_CS3

> http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?
event=extensionDetail&loc=en_us&extid=1273018