Hmm. I'm certain I am not calling send(params) with empty data, and I assume
that when an HTTPService is constructed it doesn't send anything on it's
own. In one of my apps I construct the HTTPService on the fly when a
(business) service method is invoked, but in this one, I construct it in the
main MXML file, with data binding involved for the host prefix. I think I'll
switch to on-the-fly in all cases.