Now I have a possible solution:

CustomPreloader:

private function onFlexInitComplete(event:Event):void
{
  //now we can access the Application.application
  Application.application.addEventListener(AppReadyEvent.READY,
onAppReadyEvent);
}

private function onAppReadyEvent(event:AppReadyEvent):void
{
  dispatchEvent(new Event(Event.COMPLETE));
}

Application:

//dispatch AppReadyEvent if you want remove the preloader
Application.application.dispatchEvent(new
AppReadyEvent(AppReadyEvent.READY));

What do you think about it?

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "dave_defusion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>