----- Original Message -----
  From: Mark Ingram
  To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 9:48 AM
  Subject: [flexcoders] How does Panel work in designer / layout?

  Hi, how does the Panel class work in the designer? i.e. when I drag a button
on, the designer knows to place the button inside the white area in the centre
of the panel. All coordinates are in relation to that white area.

  I have a container class which is similar in layout to the panel (but
different enough to require a separate class) and I want to be able to add it
to another container and then add controls to it.

  I hope that makes sense. Maybe this ascii drawing will help J

  |-------------------|

  |                        |

  |    |----------|     |

  If I drop a button onto this control, I want all coordinates to be in
relation to the centre container.

If the button is inside the container, it's coordinates will be relative to the
container.

  Thanks,

  Mark