--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "tedgies" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Jeez, what happened?  I've never been cutoff when posting to a
> newsgroup before!

Just seems like a misunderstanding both ways. Your first post only
stated you were trying, not that it didn't work...
And the 'And?' from Tom was his short way of asking for more info ;)

Now, back to the problem
> I'm trying to bind a label's text to a viewStack's selected VBox
> toolTip.  I have specified each toolTip within VBox components
> themselves.

In the docs is stated that toolTip is a bindable String, so I'm
thinking on the not-yet-initialized track.

Since you're working with a viewStack, are you sure you're accessing
data that exists? I am tempted to think so, since you're using the
selectedChild-property, but can you confirm this through the debugger?
(Maybe there's some stuff going on that needs callLater()...)

--Johan