Hi,

I need help with a project I am working on.  Here is what I am trying to
do but not sure how to approach it.

I want to develop an application that runs on users desktop (AIR with
Flex) in the background and an icon appears somewhere in system tray;
let's call this application DA.  The DA will check the application
currently in focus on users screen such as notepad or word pad.  I want
to check counts of words that appear on the active screen for
pre-determined keywords. The keywords are stored in an Access or text
file.
Once a match is found DA can show how many times that word appeared as a
pop up alert.

Any ideas how I can go about this or what technologies I should be
looking into further. Any resouces?