Heh, well funny part Tracy is that in looking at my app, I have a
ViewStack that is the child of the app, and it is what is driving the
horizontal layout. The app is set to horizontal, but it is doing
nothing (except for eating cycles "laying out" its one container).

Anyway, I set the app to absolute, put the overlayed component to
Application.application, and it's all good.

And I was so wanting to have to defile SystemManager. :)

Thanks