Sorry, i forgot to say i'm using flex 2.0.1.

And as for a hard reference, i am creating a number of ModuleLoader
components within a repeater, so the url of the loaded module is
dynamic in nature.

What do you mean by a GC?

The weird thing in this situation is that i have another module which
displays links and is very close in nature to the one giving me
problems, however it never produces any errors.

I use the problematic module on more than one occassion i.e. when the
app loads up, the links module is loaded twice.  Its only means of
consistently is that it fails both times it loads (in a single
application instance).

I am also passing data to the module (on the moduleReady event) using
a custom Interface, i wonder if this would have any affect?

I followed the Adode dev guide on how to pass data to the module, so
im not sure this is where the problem stems from, but i thought i
would mention this.

The only other issue that comes to mind is the sequence in which the
modules are loaded, but i havent had a chance to apply the
ModuleLoader's urls manually, and i dont even think this would be the
problem, just a thought.