  <mx:XMLList>
    <node label="RootNode1">
      <node label="childNode1"/>
      <node label="childNode2"/>
      <node label="childNode3/>
    </node>
  </mx:XMLList>
</mx:MenuBar>

Now in the "click" of "childNode1" I opened another MXML as
TitleWindow. I have a TextArea in that child window called
"myTextArea". Now i want to display the name of the child in menubar
in this text area., i.e I want to access and display
"childNode1" (label field) from TitleWindow(child window).

I tried to access using
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
but it is not showing anything and if I tried to access
"selectedIndex" from MenuBar it is showing "-1" always irrespective
of what node i seleted in child window.

         can anyone plz help me how to acces parentwindows's
MenuBar's selecteditem's attributes from childwindow.

       Thanks in advance