OK, stumbled upon a "fix" by pure chance. Is this a bug?

By importing UIMovieClip and creating an instance (in a completely
separate component, that isn't even instantiated at runtime at the
time this issue occurs) this issue resolves!

i.e. a click event on the itemRenderer will now also set the
selectedIndex on the TileList.

No idea why. Anyone?

Cheers, Rich

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Rich Germuska"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Am in process of migrating app to Flex 3, as bug in 2.01 prevents
> applying Fade to Flash CS3 MovieClips, which is essential for app
> (see another flexcoders thread).
>
> Anyway, the first issue I have encountered is that TileLists are
> behaving differently.
>
> The TileList click event no longer sets selectedItem when it is
> triggered by a mouse click over the itemRenderer itself.
>
> What's more the itemClick event is just not detected when the
trigger
> is a mouse click over the itemRenderer.
>
> In the code below SWFWrapper is a subclass of SWFLoader, and is
> loaded with a Flash CS3 swf.
>
> Here's some code that worked fine in 2.01
>
> <mx:TileList id="browserTL"
>     borderThickness="0"
>     rollOverColor="#ff0000"
>     selectionColor="#00ff00"
>     click="tileListClickHandler()"
>     useHandCursor="true"
>     right="0"
>     top="0"
>     width="{main.TILELIST_WIDTH}"
>     columnWidth="120"
>     rowHeight="146"
>     columnCount="3"
>     rowCount="3"
>     dataProvider="{browserAC}">
>
>     <mx:itemRenderer>
>         <mx:Component>
>             <mx:Canvas>
>                 <treelinerugs:SWFWrapper id="thumbSWF"
>                   horizontalCenter="0"
>                   verticalCenter="0"
>                   source="{Rug(data).SWFSource}"
>                   dataProvider="{Rug(data).dataProvider}"
>                   yarnsAC="{main.yarnsAC}"
>                   width="80"
>                   height="{data.originalAspectRatio*80}" />
>           </mx:Canvas>
>         </mx:Component>
>     </mx:itemRenderer>
>
> </mx:TileList>
>
> Looking forward to all of the goodness ahead once I've migrated.
>
> Many thanks, Rich
>
> PS Is there a newbie guide to migrating from 2.01 to 3 anywhere?
I'm