setting minHeight=0 may also work.

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Giles Roadnight
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 4:31 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] layout / scrolling issues

If anyone else has this issues I've foudn the solution to the first
item. the problem was that a VBox set to height="100%" would stretch
it's container which would force scroll bars to pup up in unexpected
places.

The way to get round this is to put the VBox inside a canvas. If you set
both to height="100%" the canvas behaves and does not stretch it's
parent, the VBox then fits within the canvas and the canvas scrolls the
VBox

Hopefully someone will find that useful.

On Dec 17, 2007 10:47 AM, Giles Roadnight <[EMAIL PROTECTED]