Setting minWidth allows horizontalscrollbars on a container.  Sounds
like you want to set minHeight instead?

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of dave_defusion
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 9:22 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Vertical scrolling without horizontal
scrolling? How do I make 100% == 100%

I too have been having problems with 100% widths and unwanted
horizontal scrollbar.

I've tried adding minWidth="0" to everything that has a width of 100%
but that hasn't fixed the problem that I get an unwanted horizontal
scrollbar.

I've also tried using the reflex util
(http://code.google.com/p/reflexutil/
<http://code.google.com/p/reflexutil/> ) to change these properties at
run time to try and figure out what is causing the problem.

What I (basically) have is the following:

- (1) Tab navigator - 100% width
-- (2) VBox (Tab contents) - 100% width
--- (3a) Text
--- (3b) HBox - 100% width
--- (3c) Tab navigator - 100% width

I get the vertical and horizontal scrollbars on the outer tab
navigator (1) whenever the content gets taller than the app, in this
case I obviously want vertical scrollbars and no horizontal scrollbars.

With the reflex util I can change the width of the tab contents
children (3a,3b,3c) and I still have horizontal scrollbar. However I
cannot change the width of the VBox that wraps the tab contents (2) -
it simply keeps resetting to the current value every time I try. I can
see that it is the VBox (2) which is overlapping the vertical
scrollbar (and thus causing the horizontal scrollbar) using reflex util.

So I'm really stumped, I either need a solution to this, or a way to
move the scrollbars from the tab navigator (1) to the VBox (2).

-D