From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of brian_garcia81
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2007 11:18 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] HTTPService.send() not retreving URL information
or maybe not excecuting

Hello,

I want to thank Tracy for the help a few days ago on this application.

Everything is work great now, execpt I can not call the dbRecords.send
() in my function. dbRecords is my HTTPService id. When I goto
debug the applicaiton lastResult = null for dbRecords. Does anyone
have an idea on what I am missing. All the documentation I read says
this should work. But its not excecuting the HTTPService. I hard
coded the url to print xml as output. that is all the url prints to
the webpage.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8">
<MasterFile>
<Records>
<Evn>Prod</Evn>
<Depl>CA</Depl>
<R_id>12312</R_id>
<R_name>Test_REcord_Name</R_name>
</Records>
</MasterFile>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml
<http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml> "
layout="vertical" creationComplete="dbRecords.send()">
<mx:Script>
<![CDATA[

private function onComboChangeTableSelect(event:Event):void
{

var ini:String = new String
(event.target.selectedItem);
var sURL:String = "http://localhost/cgi- <http://localhost/cgi->
bin/dbRecords.cgi?ini=" + ini;
dbRecords.url = sURL;
dbRecords.send();
}

]]>
</mx:Script>

<mx:XML id="sqlQuerey" source="http://localhost/cgi-
<http://localhost/cgi->
bin/dbtables.cgi" />
<mx:ComboBox
id="ini"
dataProvider="{sqlQuerey.name}"
rowCount="30"
change="onComboChangeTableSelect(event)"
/>

<mx:HTTPService id="dbRecords" resultFormat="text"/>

</mx:Application>