From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Fabio Serra
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2007 2:36 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] AS 3 and Flex naming convention

Muzak wrote:
> There's a non-official guide here:

http://blog.dclick.com.br/2007/02/13/adobe_flex_coding_guidelines_englis
h/

http://blog.dclick.com.br/wp-content/uploads/adobe-flex-coding-guideline
s-v12-english.pdf

Thank you, it is very interesting and I follow the most part of the
rules. I haven't found any suggestion how to name event and event
handlers.
Looking at UIComponent.as it seems that events doesn't have any special
suffix (eg itemSelectedEvt or itemSelectedEvent) instead of function
handler that always use the "handler" suffix (eg
updateCompleteHandler(event:FlexEvent):void).
I don't like very much to use a suffix for event handlers because at
some point they create a "semantic" friction, but if I have to do I
would probably prefer to use the prefix "on" (onCreationCompletePod) as
in the dashboard application:
http://examples.adobe.com/flex3/labs/dashboard/srcview/index.html

--
FABIO SERRA - faser(at)faser.net