arpan srivastava escreveu:
> Hi All,
>
>     I have a list with many items which moves automatically by using a
> timer. Timer is set to 10 ms i.e. after every 10 ms second it fires an
> event which moves the items in the list by some distance. In IE it
> runs fine but in Firefox it runs very fast, i am not getting how can a
> timer change it's time in firfox.
>
> thanks
> arpan

> Chat on a cool, new interface. No download required. Click here.
> <http://in.rd.yahoo.com/tagline_webmessenger_10/*http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php>

> http://www.eset.com
The Timer is not exact, especially if fired on small intervals. If the
VM is not able to execute the code it jumps (like flash jumpes frames).
If you are trying to emulate the time frame Timer is not the best method.

Instead create a class extending MovieClip and use onEnterFrame...
something like this:

public class Effect extends MovieClip {
        private var _currentFrame:uint = 0;
        private function onEnterFrame(event:Event):void {
            _currentFrame++;

            //ADD YOUR CODE HERE
        }
        public function start():void {
            this.addEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME,onEnterFrame);
        }

        public function end():void {
            this.removeEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME,onEnterFrame);

Hope this helps.

Regards

Frederico