From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of danielvlopes
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2007 1:32 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Sugestion for ComboBox component

Hello everybody, i want make a sugestion for Adobe Flex Team, and i
know some members of Flex team participate here, in my projects when i
use combobox to recover data from database and selected item of this
combo must be set to the data recorded in database i do loops in
entire dataprovider to find the value and your index to use
selectedIndex to receive this index.

This is very common when you use combo to add and edit data in
database and i think everybody need this, why adobe don't incorpore
some new method in next release for do this? Something like
setSelectedLabe(label:String) ...