Thanks for the reply.  My data is already encrypted, but that doesn't
really help me.  As long as the other computer is running the same
flex app, they could copy the SO and see the data.  I guess what I
need is some type of machine identifier that is unique doesn't change
often so I could encrypt the SO's data for a specific machine.  So
far, I haven't seen anything like this in the Adobe docs.  I realize
that they don't want to give us access to a user's private info like
mac addresses, CPUids, and such, but surely they could create/generate
some otherwise meaningless type of unique machine identifier hash to
provide for us humble developers who are security conscious.

-Andrew