Hi Stewart,

I have had the same problem. First, I read the getting started user
manual, where I grasped how Flex worked. Since I had already worked
with Openlaszlo before, it was easy to get used to it. The
technologies are quite similar.

Well, I have tried to find examples as well, and found this site
http://www.brightworks.com/technology/adobe_flex/code.html

I studied the source code of those that interested me, and then I was
implementing an application with it. I am in the middle of finishing a
document management system that was implemented in Flex and Java.

I think you should also have a look at Craingorm, which is a nice api
that allows you to organize your code in a proper way.

Well, hope that helps.

All the best,

Fidel.