Gregor Kiddie escreveu:

> It all comes down to how you are printing the TextArea in the first place!
>
> PrintJob allows you to give a Rectangle along with the Sprite to
> define the printing area.
>
> Once you’ve called PrintJob.start() you can get the pageWidth and
> pageHeight of the paper and use these values along with the sizes of
> your TextArea to create your print area. You can then call
> PrintJob.addPage() as many times as required to cover all your TextArea.
>
> Does that make sense?
>
> Gk.
>
> **Gregor Kiddie**
> Senior Developer
> *INPS*
>
> Tel: 01382 564343
>
> Registered address: The Bread Factory, 1a Broughton Street, London SW8 3QJ
>
> Registered Number: 1788577
>
> Registered in the UK
>
> Visit our Internet Web site at www.inps.co.uk
> <blocked::http://www.inps.co.uk/>
>
> The information in this internet email is confidential and is intended
> solely for the addressee. Access, copying or re-use of information in
> it by anyone else is not authorised. Any views or opinions presented
> are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those
> of INPS or any of its affiliates. If you are not the intended
> recipient please contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi,

I'm making a PrintTextArea component wich is basically a TextArea with
simillar behaviour to PrintDatagrid. Still has some bugs, so I'll repost
has soon has I corrected them.

Read the documentation on PrintDatagrid to learn how to use this.

By the way, if someone has corrections or suggestions on this please let
me know.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:TextArea xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";
xmlns="*"
change="invalidateSize()"
verticalScrollPolicy="off"
horizontalScrollPolicy="off"
creationComplete="initComponent()">

<mx:Script>
<![CDATA[
import mx.core.EdgeMetrics;

public function get validNextPage():Boolean
{
var nextPosition:int = verticalScrollPosition + numLines -
maxVerticalScrollPosition;

return (nextPosition<numLines)?true:false;
}

public function nextPage():void {

if(validNextPage) {
var nextPosition:int = verticalScrollPosition + numLines -
maxVerticalScrollPosition;

if(nextPosition<maxVerticalScrollPosition) {
verticalScrollPosition = nextPosition;
}
else {
var nextHeight:Number = 0;

for(var i:int=nextPosition-1;i<numLines;i++) {
nextHeight += getLineMetrics(i).height;
}

height = nextHeight;
validateNow();

verticalScrollPosition = maxVerticalScrollPosition;

private function get numLines():Number {
invalidateProperties();
validateNow();

return textField.numLines;
}

private function initComponent():void {
textField.antiAliasType = AntiAliasType.NORMAL
setStyle("fontAntiAliasType","normal");
}
]]>
</mx:Script>