i'm not exactly sure the level of complexity you need, but both flex and
coldfusion have the ability to natively work with XML, coldfusion is server
side, so it's very easy for CF to access the file system on the server and
save an XML file.  it's not 'automatic' by any means, i'm sure there is some
code in there behind the scenes in your blog that parses/creates xml and a
cffile call to save it to the server.  there is no single native function to
say "hey take this data structure here and save it as xml on the hard
drive".  you have to use the xml functions to create your xml document
first, then save it to the disk.

flex is client side, so it has similar abilities to work with xml, but it
has no access to the users directory structure (unless using AIR).  you
would need to communicate back to the server, send it the completed XML doc,
and have the server (maybe CF?) save that data back to the hard drive.

you say "order flex to write down and create tables and so forth into an xml
file,the same way as sql?", but i'm not sure what you are talking about with
SQL, flex can't communicate directly with a database (again, unless using
AIR and sqlLite).  unless there is some DAO or GUI tool you are using to
create sql, i don't know how that is 'automatic' either.

"and once the data is store in db.xml (example), there is a way to updated
those and also to include new ones."
again, yes it is possible- but it's not as easy as u might think it should
be.  you have to first read the file off the disk (cffile action="read") on
the server, then send that xml data back to the flex client.  from there you
can use e4x to update specific nodes, then you have to send the xml back to
the server to update the file on disk.

believe me, when Apollo was first released (pre-sqlLite days) i felt the
pain of working with xml databases and wished i could just use it like a
database and have some pseudo sql language that would interface with it, but
there isn't.

but then again, is XML a requirement? can you not use a real database?
(would be so much easier)

d.