Use link-report to make sure it got in the swf.

Use the debugger to see if it got instantiated and given the right size,
position and visibility

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Elie Zananiri
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 9:44 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Using the Flex Component Kit in an ActionScript
project

Hello all,

I am trying to use the Flex Component Kit to export some graphics drawn
in Flash CS3 to
an ActionScript project in Flex and I can't get it to work.

Here's what I'm doing:
In Flash:
1. Creating an MC symbol in Flash.
2. Giving it name="SomeName", class="SomeName", and base
class="mx.flash.UIMovieClip".
3. Right-clicking on the symbol in the library and exporting it as an
SWC file called
"SomeNameUIMC.swc".
In Flex Builder:
4. Creating a new ActionScript project with main application file
"SomeOtherName.as".
5. Importing the SWC file to the library path.
6. Creating a new class called "SomeName.as" which extends
"mx.flash.UIMovieClip".
7. Instancing "SomeName" in "SomeOtherName" and adding it to the canvas.

Now when I run this, I don't get any compilation errors, but the display
is blank. I don't
think my SWC file is being linked to the class, but I don't see any info
on how to do this. All
the tutorials I found online are using mxmlc, so is it possible that the
Component Kit only
works with Flex projects? If not, does anyone have any examples working
on ActionScript
projects or can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for the help,

-Elie