Hi Flexcoders,

Can anyone help me with an apparent sandbox issue?

I'm attempting to load an SWF at runtime using the StyleManager.

StyleManager.loadStyleDeclarations(url);

The URL is on a remote web sever and I am running the code from a local trusted SWF. I understand this should be enough to allow Flash player to download the asset. However, this results in the following error being thrown from somewhere in the ModuleManager.

Error: Unable to load style(SWF is not a loadable module): http:// <mysever.com>/<my path to the >.swf

I also tried using the 'trustedContent' argument to loadStyleDeclarations

StyleManager.loadStyleDeclarations(url, true, true);

However, this seems to result in a different error:

SecurityError: Error #2142: Security sandbox violation: local SWF files cannot use the LoaderContext.securityDomain property.

The server does have a crossdomain policy file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM "http://www.macromedia.com/xml/ dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd">
<cross-domain-policy>
  <allow-access-from domain="*" />
</cross-domain-policy>

But Flash player doesn't seem to be loading it. According to Safari's Activity monitor.

The SWF file does exist. I downloaded in a browser it and loaded it locally through the StyleManager without problems.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Many thanks,
Lach