Here is my attempt to put filter on a text control. If I Set the blur.X
and blur.Y statically, it works fine. But when I have an event listener
increase them 1 for every fame, I don't see any effect. I tested the
values and they do increase. Why don't I see any glow ?

<mx:Text id="feedback" width="430" fontWeight="bold" text="" x="350"
y="100" >

        <mx:filters>
    <flash.filters:GlowFilter id='glowFilter'
xmlns:flash.filters='flash.filters.*'
          blurX='0' blurY='0'
          alpha='0.79' color='#ff6600'
          knockout='false' quality='1'
          strength='9' inner='false'/>
</mx:filters>

        </mx:Text >

public function SetFeedback(iscorrect:Boolean):void{
                if(iscorrect)
                feedback.text="Correct!";
                else
                feedback.text="Not Correct!";
                addEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME, glower);
            }
            private function glower(event:Event):void{
                glowFilter.blurY+=1;
                glowFilter.blurX+=1;