have you tried using localToGlobal or contentToGlobal on the variables
inside of the Box?  I have been dealing with this for the past 8 hours
and it helps alot. basically puts your X an Y variables to their
global (stage) absolute stage position.  check out the adobe docs for
help on coordinates. it helped me alot

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Varun Shetty" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am creating some flex components through action script. And I want to
> access the x position of these components.
> These components are created within an HBox (personDetails) so they
get an x
> position on its own and it is not an absolute value.
> But I would like to retrieve these x values from an button outside the
> component.
>
> well, i am not sure if u can name components/sprite/movieclips in
flex..?
> currently on the script below.. you can see i have not named them,
So how do
> i access each of these components..? any leads will be really helpful.
>
> private function createPassengerMenu():void {
>             personDetails.removeAllChildren();
>             for (var i:Number=0;i<totalPassengers;i++){
>                 var dtiPersonal:dtiPersonalDetails = new
> dtiPersonalDetails();
>                 dtiPersonal.dtiPersonalId = (i+1);
>                 dtiPersonal.driTotPass = Number(totalPassengers);
>                 dtiPersonal.addEventListener("nextItem",
sharedDataHandler);