do you mean just *** Asterics?, u can just set the use
displayAsPassword

----- Original Message ----
From: aceoohay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008 9:05:13 PM
Subject: [flexcoders] Masked Text Input

Has anyone developed an input tool for that has the functionality of
Masked Textinput
(http://weblogs. macromedia. com/flexteam/ archives/ 2006/11/componen t_mas
ke.cfm), without the drawbacks?

The problems that I seem to have are mainly the way it behaves when
using it;

1) When you select the entire text and start typing, it just appends
your text to the end.

2) You cannot insert text into the middle of a field.

3) If you delete a character out of the middle of a field it leaves a
space.

4) If there is a space in the middle of text and you try to select
the entire field to delete it, the selection disappears when you
release the mouse.

I have posted this info on their blog, with no apparent response.

I am about to embark on creating quite a few data entry forms, and
would like something that I can use that has masking functionality
but behaves similar to what most users expect.

Are there alternatives to "Masked TextInput"? Where can I find them?

Paul

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.